Thursday, February 16, 2006

Growing Generous Givers

12 tools for cultivating an unselfish church.

Jay Pankratz said "I never preach on giving or ask for money," he once told a fellow pastor. "I just leave it up to the people."

"Do you teach your people to study the Bible?" he asked.
"Of course," I said.

"Do you teach them to pray?"

"Certainly."

"If you taught your people to give in a biblical manner, would they receive more or less blessing from God?"

I sat in silence. I realized I was hurting my people, not helping them. In addition, our church was in severe financial stress.

When I went home, I committed myself to teach all of God's Word, including giving. In the years since, I have seen God work in our church in amazing ways, and he has brought our people to new levels of maturity.

Here are 12 principles I've learned about growing givers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home